Ehlers-Danlos Sucks

This is a sub-blog about a girl dealing with Ehlers-Danlos Type 3. I hope to help others while helping myself, my family and my best friend in talking about and gathering all the information that I can about this jerk of a disease.

I have another blog: http://ihatebrainaneurysms.blogspot.com that I started in 2008. My dad was diagnosed with a super huge brain aneurysm which he fought for almost 2 years. He won the battle of the aneurysm, but died due to complications of his treatment following the aneurysm removal. It is his story, in my perspective.

I believe that he had undiagnosed EDS and this caused his aneurysm. I want to be heard and I want the medical community to take notice and to understand that this disease isn't black and white. There are a ton of gray areas. Just because we don't look sick or necessarily feel sick doesn't mean we aren't!!

I hope to keep you interested, I want to hear your stories and I also hope to make you laugh.

Welcome to my blog!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yeah.....


My wonderful, most sweetest, prettiest girl on the planet, broke her little leg last night!!!  Oh I was just sick to my stomach! My fiance came home from work yesterday and took her and our greyhound out to go potty and she slipped up the steps coming back in. Broke her elbow, right at the joint.

I am SOOOOOOO happy I didn't spend that money on the MRI for myself or I wouldn't have been able to afford her surgery.  I can live with a jacked up ankle but I would have never forgiven myself if I wasn't able to afford her surgery. She is such a good girl. She is right out of surgery in this picture and still waking up so she looks pretty stoned.

What sucks about this is I am supposed to keep her from jumping and running for 8 weeks. I do not see how this is going to be possible. She is the biggest spaz of a dog. This is going to be a fun journey!!

I have to admit that while all of this was happening, it was so nice to look at an xray for the first time in my life and see something that is actually broken. So, broken elbow equals surgery. I wish it was that simple for me and all the other EDS'ers out there!!!!!

This is Albert James. Our retired racer.

Jojo with her lampshade on.

I love waking up to this face!

My little pooper!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that your doggy broke his leg. I hope he recovers nicely from surgery.

    ReplyDelete