Ehlers-Danlos Sucks

This is a sub-blog about a girl dealing with Ehlers-Danlos Type 3. I hope to help others while helping myself, my family and my best friend in talking about and gathering all the information that I can about this jerk of a disease.

I have another blog: http://ihatebrainaneurysms.blogspot.com that I started in 2008. My dad was diagnosed with a super huge brain aneurysm which he fought for almost 2 years. He won the battle of the aneurysm, but died due to complications of his treatment following the aneurysm removal. It is his story, in my perspective.

I believe that he had undiagnosed EDS and this caused his aneurysm. I want to be heard and I want the medical community to take notice and to understand that this disease isn't black and white. There are a ton of gray areas. Just because we don't look sick or necessarily feel sick doesn't mean we aren't!!

I hope to keep you interested, I want to hear your stories and I also hope to make you laugh.

Welcome to my blog!!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

iMac-fabulous

Today was just all around a great day except for one part of it, which was waking up this morning at 4AM to a HOWLING cat.  I have a cat that is in heat. Why do I have a cat that is in heat? Because I have been too lazy to take her to the vet to get fixed. She never has her claws out, so I never cared that she was ruining our furniture. So, I just never took her in. Well, so now I have a horny, howling cat.  She woke me up and I was laying on my side. I drilled the side/top of my head into my pillow, lifted my ass off the mattress and went to turn, but instead of me turning, one of my upper vertebrates did. It is totally turned wrong, my fiance could feel it and SO CAN I!!!

I took some vicodin because I had to. It hurts a lot. I slept a little longer and got up to go to the dentist. I haven't been to the dentist in probably 15 years, so I was a bit anxious. After my xrays, my dentist told me that 3 of my teeth looked good. HAHA. He thinks he is funny. I was actually shocked I had no cavities. Not because I don't take care of myself, I kind of just thought after all that time had passed that something rotten had to be in there somewhere. THANK GOD!!!  I do have to get my right upper wisdom tooth out next month though, only because he thinks that it is affecting my TMJ.

I then went to get my acupuncture. I really love my acupuncturist. He is just such a cool guy. While I was waiting for him, I was browsing the books in his waiting room that he has for sale and I found this wonderful piece of eye candy!!!  I paid more for it there though. *sad face.*  Anyway, I was talking to him about me injuring myself like a complete idiot as I was waking up and I mentioned that book I saw in the waiting room. He almost leaped at me he was so excited I found it and told me how wonderful it would be for me. So, I bought it. Once I got it home, I looked up how to treat upper back pain and I swear to God, that coupled with the treatment I had today left me at what would have been an easy 7 on the pain scale all day down to a 2. Because I took my vicodin before my treatment, I did not get that huge endorphin rush like I did last time. I hope that wasn't just a one time thing!!

Bill (my acupuncturist) also gave *sold* me some herbal teas. I got some wild berry zinger tea which I tried today and really liked, and some tea good for the digestive system. He also told me to go and get a liquid prenatal vitamin to start taking. My progesterone is all out of whack and my hair has been falling out. He thinks this will help. While I was browsing the health food store, I found some old ancient Chinese oils that I bought too. One is called Po Sum On Medicated Oil. I had Coleman rub that on my back as well and it seems to help do the trick.  I am getting so excited about all of this Chinese medicine!!!! YAY!!!

The other awesome thing I did today was give in and buy an iMac. Its just going to be way better than a PC when it comes to my photography business.  This is actually my first blog post from it!!!  It is so pretty. I love myself for buying it!!!

Me giving myself a big fat kiss for having such a great ME day!!!

1 comment: