Ehlers-Danlos Sucks

This is a sub-blog about a girl dealing with Ehlers-Danlos Type 3. I hope to help others while helping myself, my family and my best friend in talking about and gathering all the information that I can about this jerk of a disease.

I have another blog: http://ihatebrainaneurysms.blogspot.com that I started in 2008. My dad was diagnosed with a super huge brain aneurysm which he fought for almost 2 years. He won the battle of the aneurysm, but died due to complications of his treatment following the aneurysm removal. It is his story, in my perspective.

I believe that he had undiagnosed EDS and this caused his aneurysm. I want to be heard and I want the medical community to take notice and to understand that this disease isn't black and white. There are a ton of gray areas. Just because we don't look sick or necessarily feel sick doesn't mean we aren't!!

I hope to keep you interested, I want to hear your stories and I also hope to make you laugh.

Welcome to my blog!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am SUCH a BUTTHOLE!

I totally PROMISE you that I will NOT be one of those Bloggers who starts one, becomes disinterested and then either quits blogging, or blogs here and there whenever they feel like it. I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE I SWEAR!!!  I have just been SUPER busy this past weekend with New Years and all. Plus the new year always pretty much sucks at my day job and  I have been trying to launch my new pricing for my photography studio. I know, excuses, excuses.

Here is something funny to divert your attention away from the fact I abandoned you for a week. I saw someone spontaneously combusting and I captured it with my iPhone-



He didn't die instantly so he was stabbed.


This is my fiance, Coleman. I stabbed him twice and stuck my tongue out at him, but he didn't die.



 I promise there was no alcohol involved in any of those shots. Yes, I am an imbecile. 

So outside of my holiday fun, we have also been trying to redesign our kitchen so we can move out of our house to a better one. We keep arguing over what we want, losing site that we aren't going to be the ones who have to live in it!  We live in a very nice part of Des Moines, but the thugs and gangstas have inched too close for my liking and their pastime is murdering each other. Me no likey.

__________________________________________________________________________________


As part of my New Years resolution, which I know you know what they are because you should have read my previous post. If not, its HERE. Read it. Own it. I am trying to get off all the meds I am on by leading a healthier lifestyle. (That is after I eat all the candy shit everyone put in my many stockings for Christmas; and the McDonalds I seemed to think I needed to have for breakfast this morning.) Today I decided to lower my vicodin dosage. I usually take 2, 10mg in the morning. Sometimes 1 and a half, depending on how sore I am when I get up. Then I take one around 1 or 2, then I take one around 7 or 8ish. I am shooting for only taking 2 today, which I took when I got up. I am kinda feeling a little withdrawal but I am sticking to my guns!! (I hope or I will just hand them out to the people in my neighborhood to shoot each other with.)

My goal is to just take them in the morning because that is when I am the worst. You would think I am in a wrestling match in the middle of the night with myself. Hell, I woke up this this morning!!!
How do you like that bruise from absolutely nowhere!!!
 






I don't think I have ever gone over my medicine regimen with you. Here are all the drugs I take to control my EDS:

Vicodin 10mg - for pain
Gabapentin (Neurontin) - 900mg per day; for burning pain caused by nerve impingement in knees and shoulders.
Nabumetone - I just looked that up to see how to spell it and saw that people with high cholesterol should not take this drug....Mine is HIGH!! Like I should drop dead high. So, I should probably stop taking it!!!  Anyway, its an anti-inflammatory.
Xanax - for anxiety caused my fast heart rate due to EDS.
Niacin - High cholesterol
Red Yeast Rice -  High cholesterol.

That's it folks! The gamut of drugs of which I take and will try to rid myself of. The only one I really think that I still will need it the Gabapentin. However, I don't like how it makes me forgetful and sometimes its hard for me to find the words when I speak.

Wish me luck!!! I'm still very excited for Saturday and my acupuncture.  Oh , speaking of! I need to look to see if my HSA covers that!! I'm out! Talk to you soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment